Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Shiny New Toy

I finally got an invite to Ravelry yesterday and that's how it feels, like I've just gotten a shiny new toy. I logged in just to poke around a bit. Woooowwww. The possibilities seem endless. I've been pretty eager to sign up for Ravelry, but in a way I'm kind of glad that it's taken this long. It's been fun just anticipating it and now that I've had to wait there's so much there already to see. I just wish I'd been taking more photos of my projects and stash while I waited. I have the day off tomorrow, so I intend to try to make up for lost time.

I finished my wristlet a few days ago, but have just gotten around to photos, editing, etc. Here it is before felting with some wristlets in the background that I made last fall. They're in various stages of completion. Only the one on the far right has been felted so far. These are just some little bags I whipped up that I figured would be great for last minute gifts. In fact I had more but some were given away for Christmas last year.

Here it is felted (along with one of the other bags.) After felting it's just about the right size for a cell phone and maybe a credit card. The large loop slips through the small one, effectively keeping a phone from falling out. I've never seen a need to line these, though of course you could.

And here it is with the purse that inspired this particular wristlet.I'll probably make some more of these this fall too, just in case.

2 comments:

Knitterella said...

Oh my gosh, those are wonderful!

Beautiful work and great colors!
Jill

Yay! I'll see you on Ravelry - it's it wonderful?!

Persnickety Knitter said...

Those little bags are super cute!