Wednesday, January 9, 2008

New Year Update

Thanks for all the birthday wishes folks! I had a very nice, low key kind of day. I spent the last couple of days of 2007 reflecting on the past year, remembering the happy times we had with the two pets we lost, and appreciating all the more the four that we still have. I am so fortunate to have my husband, my family and friends and that we all are in good health. Thanks for the well wishes for my Dad too, by the way. Turns out he had an intestinal blockage that required surgery. He spent ten days in the hospital, but he's home now and on the mend.

I've also been thinking a lot about all the people I've come across on my travels over the Internet. You all inspire me, amaze me, and just crack me up! I think of many of you as my friends now, so get used to having me around.

On to knitting news! I finally finished my husband's Christmas present (the Noro Striped Scarf) a few days ago, just in time for a bout of warm weather. It's been in the 70's the last couple of days but of course there's plenty of cold weather left in the season.

This one was made with two skeins each of Silk Garden #86 and #206. I'm even happier with the colors in this one than the first one I did. The colors in this one are a little brighter and more varied. I think what I was happiest about though is the fact that there was only one knot between the four skeins I used so I had many fewer ends to weave in.

My Apricot Sweater project was officially shelved for the little bit of Christmas knitting I did, but I'm back to working on it now. I can't help thinking I should be working on something more suitable for really cold weather though. I did a little birthday yarn shopping and found some Berroco Ultra Alpaca on sale and bought enough in a periwinkle blue for a sweater and a few various single skeins which would easily be enough for a scarf or mittens. I don't have any specific patterns in mind, so for now Apricot it is.

2 comments:

Knitserland said...

Great scarf! I love Noro yarns and colors.

Happy New Year!

Knitterella said...

Oh, that scarf is gorgeous!