Thursday, August 2, 2007

When in Doubt, Entrelac

I love coming home from a long, hard day at work to find a new package of yarn waiting for me. Thanks to all the hard working UPS workers who made it possible for me to have this yarn in time for my day off. Yummy. I just love Noro Kureyon.
I ordered it from Yarn Market because they also had Rebecca #27, the pattern book that includes the pattern for the marvelous Apricot Jacket that I've been admiring on so many other blogs. I'm not sure when I'll have time to make it, but I was worried that the pattern may not be available forever and I didn't want to risk losing out.

The Noro will be used in another entrelac bag. I had been kicking around ideas for a new bag design but it's not quite coming together yet. Then I had a request for directions for making my Entrelac Experiment bag (catchy name, huh?) and while I thought I had taken pretty good notes, they're a far cry from being a real pattern. I realized that I'd probably have to make it again to do a good job of writing it up, so I figure I'll just use it as my next bag for the Summer KAL-CAL Purse Round-up. I pulled a few skeins of Lamb's Pride Worsted from my stash to see how they looked with the Noro.
I may not use all of them, I'll probably just decide as I go. Gotta go - I can't wait to get started!

No comments: