Friday, March 23, 2007

Just Call Me a Bag Lady

Okay, so I'm deeply into my entrelac phase now. My entrelac/felting/bag phase to be more precise. I had no sooner finished the last bag when I started to realize what I really wanted was a bag I could use for toting papers to and from work but also something that would work for carrying around knitting projects. I decided to start with a rectangular base, pick up the stitches around it and work up the bag on circular needles. I figured out the number and size of the entrelac squares I would use, made a few calculations and cast on. I'm using Lamb's Pride Worsted in Aztec Turquoise for the base the bag and for the base triangles for the entrelac.


Here's where it got really fun! I've been wanting to use this Manos since I got it - I just love these colors! (The colorway is Caribe.)

So I started working on my first round of squares with it and I'm really liking it so far.
I think I'll switch to a new solid color after the Manos - I haven't quite worked that out yet...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Caribe is really lovely. It must be fun to work with.

JennySlash