Monday, July 2, 2007

Purse Roundup

I was wandering around on the web a few days ago and stumbled accross a KAL that looked too fun to pass up. It's the Summer KAL - CAL Purse Roundup, perfect for me 'cause bags are kind of my "thing" lately. The rules are fairly relaxed and participants are encouraged to knit or crochet up to four bags (to enter for prizes!) and to have fun and be as creative. I've been checking out the bags already entered and I have to say that there are some truly fun and fabulous bags there! And these women (and guys) are prolific. There's something new to see just about every day.

So I started on another bag right away. I feel like I've been in a blue/green rut lately, so I decided to make something really colorful. I also wanted to play around with a Lamb's Pride/ Noro Kureyon mix again, but this time I decided to do some stranding instead of entrelac. I sketched out some pattern possibilities on some graph paper and started knitting. This is what I've done so far.
I'm kind of wishing I'd made it a little bigger or at least wider, so the Kureyon would change colors a little more quickly, but I think it'll still be a fun little bag. When I'm through knitting I'll felt it and line it. Haven't got a clue what I'll do for handles yet - maybe some purchased ones for a change.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

First, thank you about your nice comment about my entrelac bag! Yes, I will be felting it, but I haven't worked out what to do when I run out of the Malabrigo yarn I'm using to knit it.

I like your description "entrelac junkie," since I think I also fall into this category.

I absolutely love the purse you're knitting. The patterns and colors are fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Fortunately, the Purse Round-Up is closed to new participants or I'd be mighty tempted to join up!

Ah, well....at least I can add that site to my "inspiration" list and bask in the talent and cleverness of others.

Speaking of...the patterns and colors that you've selected for the new project are so vibrant! I'm looking forward to seeing how it comes out.