Wednesday, March 28, 2007

My Little Max

Back to the turquoise yarn again. The large paws belong to my dog, Max. He had to come see what I was up to and stayed to supervise.

Isn't he a sweetie? He wasn't too sure about having his picture taken. We used to call him Little Max when he was a young puppy, but it quickly became kind of a joke as he grew so rapidly. He is a good three or four inches taller at the shoulder than the breed standard, so "Max" turned out to be a very appropriate name for him.

We actually have three German Shepherds, but Max is the closest to being my dog. When I get home from work, he makes me feel like I'm the most important person in the world. That there will never be anyone as special as me. The other two dogs we have love me but they adore my husband. They have the (mistaken) impression that he is "alpha" in our little pack because of his larger size, deeper voice, etc. Little do they know about the subtle intricacies of human relationships. Max though, he's a very smart boy.

No comments: